-->

Monday, December 15, 2014

Saturday

I went with my friend to youth group at church. We played Truth or Dare. We each picked a truth card or dare card that the youth pastor had written up. There were some rather funny dares, such as putting marshmallows into your mouth and trying to sing, or making a whipped cream mustache on yourself. I thought it was rather funny when one of the girls was dared to throw a marshmallow and catch it in her mouth, and she succeeded on the first try. The youth pastor was disappointed, as he was hoping to see several failed tries first.
Last Saturday, instead of having youth group at the church, our youth pastor had a Christmas party at his house. However, I was already going to another Christmas party with my parents. The party was being hosted by some good friends of ours that we've known since forever. In fact, Megan is one of my close friends and my former classmate, and her mother was my first grade teacher. The guests were also people we knew.
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. All of us brought different foods to eat. There were lots of amazing desserts, such as pretzels dipped in chocolate, and some wonderful creations consisting of crushed Oreos and cream cheese with a chocolate shell. Needless to say, I ate a lot of sugar.
We also had a gift exchange, and later on some of us playing a gambling game. I sat there with a couple other people and watched as the players shouted and laughed.
Megan came home after work, and I talked to her. She had to pick up someone from the youth pastor's Christmas party, and I decided to come with her. She told me I was her first passenger. We went to the youth pastor's house, picked up the person, then came back to the party. I told Megan, "Now I can say I went to two parties in one night!"
We left after eleven, and we weren't the last people to leave the party either. We were exhausted, but we had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment