-->

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's Raining Arachnids

It's been raining for a while now. I can hear it out the bedroom window, and I can hear it beating on the skylight when I go into the kitchen.
Anyway, I walked into the kitchen tonight to get a drink of water. As I'm standing upon the linoleum floor, I saw something fall from the microwave onto the stove. Don't ask me why the microwave is installed directly above the stove. It doesn't make sense to me, either.
My first thought was 'Wait, is rain somehow leaking into the house?' Obviously I dismissed this idea quickly because it was absurd. It would have to go through the roof, the cabinet, and the microwave. Perhaps it was an optical illusion. I went over to the stove to investigate.
Lo and behold, what do my eyes see, but a skinny brown scorpion looking at me. After staring cluelessly at the scorpion and my surroundings, it finally occurred to me that I could make use of the blue plastic cup on the counter, waiting to be washed. I picked it up and squashed the icky bug with it, then disposed of the body.
It's not raining cats and dogs here. It's raining arachnids.

No comments:

Post a Comment