-->

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Return From Hiatus

Okay, technically I returned from hiatus awhile ago. But it doesn't change the fact that I disappeared for a full month. Yes, a month.

During the moving process, we eventually left my aunt's where we were staying until our new home was renovated. Of course, when we got into the house, we didn't have internet or a computer set up yet. So around late November, I pretty much disappeared. As an added bonus, I tried to quickly tally my last week of word count for NaNoWriMo while on a library computer (Mom still won't let me live there, can you believe it?), but messed up which day was how many words, and I still haven't fixed it. A month and a half later. Yeah, I rock.

Meanwhile, my social media accounts were collecting cobwebs and dust, my neopets were growing hungry because their Neolodge stay ended, and wraiths were taking over Neopia because I wasn't there to participate in the plot event. Really, the only thing that remained constant was my blog. I've been prolific with posts lately, so I scheduled some of them to be published at a later date. Mind you, I still didn't update my blog layout for Christmas until almost the last minute, and I never wrote all those holiday-themed blog posts I intended to. (sigh) Next year, I suppose.

This post also doesn't mean I have my own computer yet. Currently, my desk isn't put together. In fact, the box is in the car, because it weighs more than I do, and we're waiting for someone to help us bring it in. I know that doesn't seem like much weight (a wind-storm would blow me away), but it's over a hundred pounds, not a job for Super Wimp and her mother to face alone. I also don't have a computer to put on it yet, since I probably don't have my PC any more. But that's another story for another time. And yes, there's a 1000% chance I'm going to lean towards a desktop. I'm old-fashioned and desktop-loyal that way. Well, that, and most laptops seem to hate me. They often become slow, glitchy, and annoying when they see me. Either way, I'd rather have a desktop computer, preferably one with a portal that takes me to a fantasy realm.

I'm desperately behind on my writing at the moment. Some of my high fantasy characters, which have been pelting me with myths, legends, and history regarding their region, are growing very impatient with me. Well, if you wish to complain to the writer, please take a number and wait in line. Your number is 242, and we're now serving 12. To add to my to-do list, which is long enough just from the stories and legends mentioned earlier, I'm thinking about rewriting book one of my main project, 'An Unlikely Rider'. Yes, the entire thing. All 100k or so of it. This is what happens when you decide things about your setting long after you've thrown your main characters into it, or when your writing style has altered somewhat since starting the project, or if you just have a tendency to change your mind about plot events.

But in the meantime, please enjoy these upcoming blog posts, or look back on the archives. If you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could always start at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment