-->

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Life During Quarantine

I've been seeing a lot of memes about the exciting life of people in quarantine. On top of that, 'Hedger Humor' has been making comics about 'scenes from self-isolation'. This inspired me to compile some of the thoughts and anecdotes relating to life right now.

I've lived in 5 decades: 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s, and March.

I have taken approximately forty thousand walks. I could probably give you an in-depth tour of the neighborhood. These houses have small dogs. This is the place where I've seen a friendly calico cat twice. This place has tons of flowers. On this street, there's often guys working on vehicles.

I have a ton of unfinished stories and blog posts that I could be working on. So naturally, I'm goofing off online, and internally moaning about how bored I am. Writing isn't happening much.

Man sitting on couch. 'I want to eat a lot of unhealthy things.'
'Hedger Humor' comic by Adrienne Hedger.

I didn't get out enough before, and sometimes was too lazy to do anything. But now that everything's closed, I want to get out so badly. I want to do something, anything. I am so bored and isolated, ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh...
Also, there's nothing like being told you can't leave your house, to make you want to go out and start 4,000 new hobbies.

Have I always been this bad about forgetting words and making typos? I wrote 'yould' instead of 'you should', 'suddenly' instead of 'someone'... Also, the other day I forgot how to spell 'algorithm'.
...'I because a character from mythology.' 'Day-to-lives' instead of 'day-to-day lives'. (sigh)

Hi, friend! I know we talked on the phone yesterday, but I'm gonna call to chat again! Oh, and after this, I ought to call my other friend.

I should start a roleplay group. Also, I don't think I've ever been so active on some of these Discord servers.

You'd think that the quarantine would mean that the people you roleplay with have more time. But no, roleplay is slower than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment