-->

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

'Get To Know Me (Writer's Edition)' Questionnaire

One of the bloggers I follow, Deborah Kelty, recently posted something on her blog, and invited others to consider themselves tagged if they wanted to follow suit. So without further ado, here are my own answers to these questions.

The rules:
1. Link back to the person who created the tag. (Savannah Grace
2. Thank the person who tagged you. (Deborah Kelty)
3. Tag 11 bloggers. (Consider yourself tagged if interested in doing this)



Vital Status & Appearance

(Pen)Name: Uh, I don't even know. I'm thinking of using a pen name, but don't know what I want it to be.

Nicknames: Online, my screen names are Meowmocha or Panthera. Offline, I'm occasionally called Twinkle-toes, and my brother calls me Shorty. But he's 6'4, so most people are short to him.

Birthday: January 26, 1996.

Hair color & length: Dark blonde, straight, and goes just beyond my shoulders.

Eye color: Blue-gray.

Braces/piercings/tattoos: I had torture devices braces for a couple years during high school. I have no tattoos, unless you count accidentally getting ink on my hand when writing or drawing, and I haven't even pierced my ears.

Right or left-handed: Left-handed.

Ethnicity: I'm a gray wolf (Canis lupus), of course! Didn't you notice the profile picture on Blogger?
Okay, okay, I'll be serious. I'm American, and my heritage includes Scot-Irish, French-Canadian, and a bit of Choctaw Cherokee on my father's side.


Firsts

First novel written: My first novel attempt was when I was about twelve, in sixth grade. It was about a golden retriever named Goldie. Of course, it never actually reached novel length. The first to exceed 40k is probably 'Wolfgirl'.

First novel completed: The first book of the 'Unlikely Rider' series. Of course, I've only finished the first draft, and have changed my mind about a thousand things since then.

Awards for writing: I entered a short story for a writing compilation during junior high. It included entries from multiple schools in the area. I got an award for that. I think everyone who entered got a plaque, I can't remember for certain.

First publication: During early elementary school, I drew comics for the school newspaper. As for stories, probably the school writing event mentioned above.

Conference: See the school writing event. The kids who submitted stories or poems went to an event, and there were a few writers who talked about different aspects of writing.

Query/Pitch: I've tried to submit poems and a short story to magazines a handful of times. Haven't really pursued it much. And I'm a long way from publishing my novels, so it may be a while before I do much querying and pitching for that.


Favorites

Novel (that you wrote): The 'Unlikely Rider' series, and 'Chronicles of Queen Joseline III'. What can I say, there's a lot of great characters, scenes, and dialogue in both stories.

Genres: I mainly write fantasy and realistic fiction. I read those genres, along with some non-fiction and science fiction.

Author: Oh man, I don't even know, there's lots of them. C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien. And when I was a kid, one of my favorites was Beverly Cleary.

Writing Music: It sort of varies depending on what I'm in the mood for, and the length of my attention span. On days when I'm not very focused, sometimes I listen to Port Blue because it's not too distracting.

Time To Write: When I'm awake. Okay, being more specific now... writing often occurs in the afternoon, or a random writing spree at o'dark hundred.

Writing Snack/Drink: Depending on what I'm in the mood for, and what's available to me, it could be chips, cookies, nuts, candy, or a myriad of other things. When writing, I try to stick with snacks that aren't too messy.
Beverages vary, too. It can be water, juice, milk, soda, or even a milkshake or coffee drink. Or perhaps a caramel apple smoothie. (is now craving Dutch Bros)

Movies: But there are so many to choose from! 'The Princess Diaries', 'Mary Poppins', 'Three Lives of Thomasina'...

Writing Memory: There's a lot of great memories. Writing the end of book one in the 'Unlikely Rider' series, getting good feedback from beta readers, or laughing while writing funny parts.

Childhood Books: During childhood, I loved the 'Junie B. Jones' series by Barbara Park, the 'Animal Ark' series by Ben Baglio, and pretty much anything by Beverly Cleary. There was also a book about pets in my school library that I must have checked out about a thousand times.

'Beezus and Ramona' by Beverly Cleary- old book cover


Currently

Reading: Reading 'Inheritance' by Christopher Paolini.

Writing: First draft of book two in the 'Unlikely Rider' series. And I have a load of other stories I should be writing, but haven't got to them yet.

Listening to: As I'm (finally) finishing up this post, 'Like a Lion' by Daniel Bashta is playing.

Watching: Saw 'Mary and the Witch's Flower' on Netflix recently.

Learning: My incredible ability to procrastinate. Oh wait, I already knew that. But I should have finished this blog post hours ago.


Future

Want To Be Published: Short stories, poems, the 'Unlikely Rider' series, and 'Chronicles of Queen Joseline III'.

Indie or Traditional: Planning on publishing traditionally.

Wildest Goal: To live in a fantasy realm, and befriend dragons and elves.
Oh, realistic and writing-related goals? Being a published author with lots of books written, and those books being well-received. I want characters people love and relate to, awesome plots, and fantastic world-building. I want... (starts prattling on, oblivious that both readers and my characters have fallen asleep)


Those are my answers for the questionnaire. If you're interested in more questionnaires like this, here's some links for you.
'Book Habit and Currently Reading' Questionnaire
'More About Me' Writer's Questionnaire

No comments:

Post a Comment