-->

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Excuses To Avoid Rewriting

We love writing (sometimes), but don't always enjoy rewriting. In fact, I've been putting off rewriting book one for a long while now. Below are some prime examples of why we avoid starting that new draft.

  1. I don't feel like it.
  2. I'm working on book two right now. I'll worry about book one later.
  3. If I work on this story, I'll have to change the music I'm listening to, and I don't want to.
  4. I have more world-building to do first.
  5. I just got back from vacation and I'm tired.
  6. My bed missed me. I must spend time with it.
  7. I missed my bed. I must spend time with it.
  8. Oh look, a pretty book to read!
  9. What do I know about the story's theme? What's this story even about? I know nothing about proper pacing, or at what point the book should come an end, or how it should end! I can't write a novel! (cries)
  10. I don't wanna go to northern Aesora right now! I wanna stay here!
  11. But I'm writing a legend... for the place I'm in right now that's not Aesora.
  12. I'm allergic to rewriting things.
  13. Due to a previous project that I wrote four thousand failed drafts of, I have rewriting-related PTSD.

1 comment: