-->

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Grocery Shopping

After seeing #ThoughtsWhileGroceryShopping trending on social media awhile ago, I thought I'd create a post to describe the average shopping experience. I think we can relate to at least some of these, especially the age-old problems of shopping carts that don't steer well, or shopping while hungry.

  1. Should we have eaten before going?
  2. It doesn't matter if we shop hungry or full. We still buy junk.
  3. If we came for three items, why did we end up with twenty?
  4. When did meat become so expensive?
  5. Yay, a cart that has a bad wheel! And here's another cart that tries to go off to one side! But at least it's not like this cart, where none of the wheels turn.
  6. So right when I start to say something, that's when the intercom comes on and yells "ATTENTION MEAT DEPARTMENT!"
  7. Was it necessary to use half a can of body spray before leaving the house, dude?
  8. You have to examine the eggs to make sure none of them are broken before you buy them. (accidentally drops egg and it breaks on the cart) Well, that one's a definite no.
  9. Oh, this is a good can or bottle to buy. It's dented and warped. And this torn up box is totally for me!
  10. Or better yet, I should buy this tomato, the one with all the holes in it. Yummy.
  11. This is clearly a five-pound bag of potatoes. I can tell because it looks like someone took half its contents out and then closed it up again.
  12. I'm glad no customers punctured the plastic wrap with their fingers. Otherwise, this package of ground beef might be contaminated.
  13. This aisle is for canned vegetables. Who left a bag of Cheetos here? Yeah, that's where it goes. Organization is key.
  14. If you're standing behind me waiting for me to move, why not tell me instead of assuming I have eyes in the back of my head?
  15. We should go to Costco more often. They have a table with free samples, and we eat so well there! And then sometimes get tempted to buy the products as a result.
  16. Can I wear a gas mask every time I walk past the seafood section? (cough, choke)
  17. Why are checkout lines always long? Why can't there be a short one?
  18. If there are fourteen checkout places, why do they have less half of them open at one time?
  19. Okay, we do not need any more stuff. Oh look, there's Toblerones at the checkout!
  20. This time I won't be tempted by candy at the checkout. Hey, Archie comic books!
  21. Yeah, the shopping carts belong in the middle of a parking space.
  22. Why are there no cart returns within a hundred-mile radius of here?
  23. Speaking of the parking lot, where's our car? I know we parked somewhere around here. (wanders aimlessly for five minutes in the opposite direction)

No comments:

Post a Comment