-->

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Adulthood Vs. Childhood

When you're a child, things are different. You have a different lifestyle, different expectations. As you grow up, some of these aspects change. Below is a comparison of adulthood and childhood.


Childhood:  "No sweets before dinner, you'll spoil your appetite!"
Adulthood:  (eats dessert first)

Childhood:  "It's nine o'clock, so I have to go to bed."
Adulthood:  "Oh look, it's midnight! Well, I'll just stay up a little longer."

Childhood:  (has to eat at the dining table)
Adulthood:  (eats junk food in bed, has dinner in front of computer)

Childhood:  (has to clean their room)
Adulthood:  "I have to step over piles of laundry to reach my bed, and there's clutter everywhere. But whatever, who cares."

Childhood:  "Don't get into a car with a stranger."
Adulthood:  (dials phone number) "Hey, I need an Uber driver to pick me up."

Childhood:  "I can't wait to grow up and have way more freedoms!"
Adulthood:  "Oh man, so much responsibility. Life was simpler when I was a kid, I wanna go back to that."

Childhood:  "Adults know so much. They know what they're doing."
Adulthood:  "I know nothing and everything is scary. I will now curl up in the corner and suck my thumb."

Childhood:  "You shouldn't talk to strangers online."
Adulthood:  (spends more time chatting on forums and Discord servers than to friends they know in real life)

Childhood:  "I'm gonna have my dream job, and live in a big beautiful house, and be super rich!"
Adulthood:  "I'm stuck with a job I hate, my fridge is bare, and I can barely afford my rent."

Childhood:  "I'm gonna do all this stuff someday!"
Adulthood:  (lacks energy or motivation to do much)

No comments:

Post a Comment