-->

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Punctuation Puns

In this blog post, we'll be exploring some excellent puns related to punctuation. Some of these were found online, and other jokes I made up.

  1. "Let's eat Grampa." "Let's eat, Grampa." Correct punctuation can save lives.
  2. Always punctuate sentences properly. Period.
  3. When your sentence is complete, it's important to bring it to a full stop.
  4. "I like cooking my family and my pets." Use commas. Don't be a psycho.
  5. "Your dinner" vs. "you're dinner". One leaves you nourished, the other leaves you dead. Correct grammar: it saves lives.
  6. I was over a website's 280-character limit by one measly punctuation mark. It brought my hopes of posting it to a full stop.
  7. "I like eating chocolate, killing monsters and my family." Alas, poor family, we knew them well. Of course, you could always change the order... "I like killing monsters, eating chocolate and my family." (gasp) Cannibalism!
  8. "Do you have a question, Mark?"

No comments:

Post a Comment