-->

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Story of Writer's Block

One day, when I was out of the house with nothing to do, I got really bored. I'd been having writer's block lately, so I started writing this on my phone.

Once upon a time there was a woman plagued with terrible writer's block. There seemed to be millions of ideas for stories, but every time she tried to write, all the characters ran away from her, and refused to help her write or even talk to her at all. Plots vanished, settings grew hazy, and as the writer's block worsened, the sun grew dark in her eyes.
However, she had no shortage of laughter, and had a fit during the previous sentence. She also had little trouble looking things up for world-building; in fact, the task filled her with glee.
Despite this, however, she still struggled to write anything for her high fantasy setting. This was tragedy for the poor writer, who wanted to create things.
In boredom and desperation, the woman began crafting a ridiculous story on her flip-phone. This tale was about a person who had been struggling to write, and finally decided to write a silly story about her troubles. She hoped the characters would hear her plight, and take pity on the poor, suffering writer. Now, bored, she decided to bug her characters.

Sadly, that was as far as I got, but it's such a compelling story, don't you think? (More like pathetic.) And yes, I totally made a Narnia reference in this ridiculous piece.
So tell me, dear readers, what are some odd things you've done when bored or just uninspired?

No comments:

Post a Comment