-->

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Writer's Block Monologue

A humorous take on what goes through a writer's head when they get the form of writer's block associated with plot holes, or just not knowing how to finish up a scene.


So, how am I going to get out of writer's block?
I dunno, I was sort of hoping you had an idea.
Nope, I don't.
We gotta finish this scene, that much is certain.
Well, duh.
Why don't we just wrap up the scene, and then run for the next chapter?
Still doesn't change the fact we have no clue how the characters get separated.
Well, we already arrested them recently, and that 'run from people wanting to arrest them' thing is sort of getting old, too.
So what's left, have a dragon swoop down and carry them away, drop them where they need to go? 
Say, there's an idea. Course, the landing might be rough when they fall, and many bones shall be broken.
There's only so much mortal flesh can take without dying, and we've abused them plenty enough.
I dunno, the MC gets behind and loses them, and then has no idea what ship they got on, or the ship leaves without them? Pft, who knows. I'm running out of logic.
Hey, maybe we can avoid this story another few months, or even several months, and hide in another manuscript reading and editing!
All right, let's go for it. I'll get the popcorn.
I'll get some Junior Mints. Let’s rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment