-->

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Musical Replies

Have a question? Need advice? Fear not. Any problem you have, any situation you face, there's a song for it to help you through. Below are a few examples.



Q:  What does one do while in a wooded area?
A:  I'd rather waltz, than just walk through the forest. (Plant Life by Owl City)

Q:  Should I have a quiet night in, or go out and do something fun?
A:  Don't want to see another generation drop, I'd rather be a comma than a full stop. (Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay)

Q:  Are things going to get better?
A:  Everything's gonna be all right, the Lord's gonna answer your prayers tonight. (Irene by TobyMac)

Q:  What should I name my car?
A:  Bang Bang, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, our fine four-fendered friend. (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Dick Van Dyke)

Q:  Where did my meatball go?
A:  It rolled off the table, and onto the floor, and then my poor meatball rolled out of the door. It rolled in the garden, and under a bush... and then the next summer, it grew into a tree. (On Top of Spaghetti)

Q:  Where do we live?
A:  We all live in a yellow submarine. (Yellow Submarine by The Beatles)

Q:  Should I change my look?
A:  When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are. And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are. (Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars)

Q:  I'm opening a wig shop. What should I call it?
A:  If I had more wigs than I knew what to do with, I'd open a secondhand store. And if you ever went bald, you'd recall it, 'cause I'd cleverly call it 'Rugs From Me To You'. (Rugs From Me To You by Owl City)

Q:  Should I bring a bumblebee home?
A:  I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me... ow, it stung me! (Baby Bumblebee)

Q:  How long is our lifespan?
A:  You've only got a hundred years to live. (100 Years by Five For Fighting)

Q:  Will anybody love me for who I am?
A:  Then he heard a voice, somewhere deep inside, and it said... "I will love you for you, not for what you have done or what you will become. I will love you for you, I will give you the love, the love that you never knew." (What Love Really Means by JJ Heller)

Q:  What should my travel plans be?
A:  Fly the ocean in a silver plane, see the jungle when it's wet with rain... see the pyramids along the Nile, watch the sunrise on a tropic isle. (You Belong To Me by Jim Reeves)

Q:  Why does my friend prattle on so?
A:  Why you ramble, Heaven knows. (Ramblin' Rose by Nat King Cole)

Q:  What's our song?
A:  Our song is the slamming screen door, sneakin' out late, tapping on your window. When we're on the phone and you talk real slow, 'cause it's late and your mama don't know. Our song is the way you laugh, the first date: "Man, I didn't kiss her, when I should have." (Our Song by Taylor Swift)

Q:  How do I get my kids to take their medicine?
A:  Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way. (A Spoonful of Sugar by Julie Andrews)

Q:  Where are you?
A:  I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. (I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado)

Q:  What drives my host crazy?
A:  Chip the glasses and crack the plates! Blunt the knives and bend the forks! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates! Smash the bottles and burn the corks! Cut the cloth and tread on the fat! Pour the milk on the pantry floor! Leave the bones on the bedroom mat! Splash the wine on every door! Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl, pound them up with a thumping pole. And when you've finished, if any are whole, send them down the hall to roll! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates! So, carefully, carefully with the plates! (Blunt the Knives by Thorin and Company)

No comments:

Post a Comment