-->

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Talky Tina

In episode 126 of 'The Twilight Zone', a little girl receives a doll named Talky Tina. The step-father is hostile toward the little girl and also hates the doll, and to his shock, the doll begins saying threatening things to him. My friend and I have both watched this episode, and she finds the doll to be rather creepy, which brings me to my story.
My friend's mother was driving the car, my friend was in the front passenger seat, and I was directly behind my friend in the back seat. We had just left Bible study that evening, and it was dark as we headed down the road. My friend and I were discussing the 'Talky Tina' episode, and how my friend found the doll featured in it to be creepy. Joking around, I said, "Hello, my name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you." just as the doll did in the show, then acted like I was going to put my hands around my friend's neck.
To my surprise, my friend screamed and lurched forward in her seat. Her mother's hearing may never be the same again in her right ear, and I might have unintentionally frightened a few years from my friend's life.
This is why my friend doesn't watch horror films.

No comments:

Post a Comment