-->

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

What to Do With Infinite Money

People sometimes fantasize about what they'd do if they won the lottery or became rich in some other way. Aside from paying off bills and loans, there's also fun things. Such as moving to a private island with the eighty-three cats that will be your friends, like you've been threatening to do all these years.

Sofa with nine cats and seven dogs


Give to Others

Now that you have a bajillion dollars, you can shower your friends and family with gifts. Tristan's been saying he wants that expensive doodad for years. Now, you can buy it for him and surprise him.
Besides that, what if someone's struggling financially? You can lend a helping hand. Or what if someone's going to college, or has plans to? In a moment of generosity, you pay their tuition.
And it's not just big things, or people you know well. Maybe it's random little acts of kindness towards strangers. You leave the waitress a rather large tip, or you pay for the groceries of the people behind you at the checkout.


Donating

Maybe it's just supporting the freelance artist and YouTuber you follow online, or maybe it's contributing thousands of stuffed animals to a toy drive. You could send money to relief organizations and help people in need, or give an animal shelter funds so they can provide more for the creatures in their care.


Have Your Dream House

You could purchase the house of your dreams, even have it custom-built. And it can be basically wherever you want it, whether it's that nice property a block away, or in another country. You can have a large property, with enough space for your five hundred thousand books, huge collection of 'Lord of the Rings' stuff, and vast network of cat tunnels to spoil your beloved pet with.

Brown oriental tabby cat looking goofy


Be Frivolous and Crazy

I don't know about you, but I'm a master of talking myself out of getting something because I don't actually need it. I could buy that computer game, but is that really a good use of my money? I could get my hair dyed some time, but I should spend my money on something more practical.
Good gravy, if I bought every random little thing I wanted, I'd end up wasting my entire life playing games like the latest versions of Sims and WolfQuest. About a billion hours would be spent just on designing the Sims' houses. And I've seen screenshots of Sims 4. I know there's many tempting design features that I will go crazy with.
And then there's all the pretty little things. Artwork, posters, figurines, and other such things. If I'm not careful, I might become a magpie, hoarding interesting baubles. And then they'll take over the house.

Magpie perched on hoard of random stuff


Avoid Cleaning the House

Because you can just have someone come to your house and do all the cleaning for you. I'm really lazy, especially when it comes to sweeping floors, or wiping down the stove, or cleaning basically anything in the bathroom. Imagine, a world where you don't have to mop and scrub...


Travel

Everywhere. Anywhere. All the places you might want to go. Now that you don't have to worry about finances, you can take a road trip. Or catch the next flight to that lovely country you've seen so many pictures of, yearned so much to visit yourself. You can explore, experience new things, meet new people, have exciting adventures.


Learn New Skills

You have the money to go to college and get a degree, or just to take a class or two. You can sign up for an online language learning course, piano lessons, or something like skiing. (Note that you may also learn a lot about falling on your butt.) You can buy that fancy camera and the latest version of Photoshop, and devote yourself to your photography.

Chat message on Discord- ELEMENTS 5, GOOD GOLLY. THAT IS OLD.
FYI, this isn't the latest version of Photoshop. My friend was appalled when she learned of the ancient program I have on my old desktop.



This concludes today's blog post. Be sure to check back next week, when I'll (hopefully) have figured out what I'm going to write for the 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment