-->

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Why I Haven't Gone to Bed Yet

I stay up late. And even when I'm tired, I still find reasons not to brush my teeth, turn the computer off, and try going to sleep. Below is a list of my typical problems and excuses that impede the process.

  1. I have to write a blog post about not going to bed. (It's currently 1:18 a.m.)
  2. Despite having no focus or will to be productive all day, I somehow went on a writing binge around eleven or twelve, and now I have to pound out a scene or ten more before I can even consider going to bed.
  3. It's only 11:30, not that late. I can stay up longer. I'm not that tired. (yawns enormously)
  4. Well, someone on Discord is online, so I must stay up and chat.
  5. I want to scroll through social media until my eyeballs fall out.
  6. Or maybe read forums forever.
  7. Just another song or two. Or maybe three. Better yet, this entire album. Oooo, a new song!
  8. I'm watching an interesting YouTube video and have to finish it first.
  9. I just thought of a brilliant thing to post on social media.
  10. This seems like a good time to look up something totally random. It's important to know that hippo's milk is pink, or that the world's longest beard is seventeen feet long.
  11. I'm too tired to get up and brush my teeth, too lazy to get up and put my laptop away. So I'll just lie here.
  12. Okay, I turned off the computer, and now I just have to get up and get ready for bed. Here in a minute.
  13. I've been lying here planning to get up for a half hour, and I think I dozed off.
  14. Hey, now it's 1:47 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment