-->

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Perfect First Date

My mother and father went out on their first date. They were planning to go to the movie theaters. My father, who was a sci-fi fan, wanted to see the 'Star Wars' movie, which had just come out at the time. Mom wasn't sure, because her sister had seen it and said she wasn't that impressed by it. But Dad really wanted to go, so that's what they did.
Upon reaching the movie theater, my father realized he forgot his wallet. So Mom ended up having to pay for both of their tickets, for a movie she wasn't sure she even wanted to see. They then entered the theater, and sat down to watch the film.
And then, after all of this, guess what? Neither of them even liked the movie. Poor Mom, who was just as disappointed as she thought she would be. And poor Dad, who was so excited to see 'Star Wars', and then was so unimpressed by it.
Mom never let him forget their disastrous date, either. "Hey, remember when we went to that movie I didn't want to see, and then I had to pay for both of the tickets?" Ah, yes, good memories.
(If you don't believe teasing is a thing in our family, ask my friend how I still remind her of the time she fell asleep while we were on the phone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment