-->

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Packing Books

So I have to pack up all of my stuff, and I have an insane amount of it. Belongings seem to grow and multiply when you try to put them into boxes, and quadruple in weight once surrounded by cardboard.
Of course, one thing that helps when moving is asking yourself, "Is there anything here I don't really want or need?" While this method has reduced the amount of stuff somewhat, it still doesn't change the fact that I own a billion things. And in regards to the books I've removed with this method, it's like trying to reduce a dog's weight by brushing out the dead hairs, or trying to put out an enormous forest fire by sneezing at it.
My desire to procrastinate also aids with this problem. In fact, I'm on my computer when I could be packing things. And when I am packing, I find ways to be distracted from it. I just don't want to do it, though it needs to be done, and I'm running low on time.
But in the meantime, please enjoy this list of complaints, excuses, and other things related to the packing process.

  1. This is me accomplishing stuff. Any second now, the accomplishing will begin.
  2. Who wants to distract me from packing books?
  3. Okay, I've finally figured out the secret as to why e-readers are so popular. One e-reader weighs about 5-20 oz, and contains the equivalent of 50,000,000,000,000 lbs of books. One e-reader also takes up much less space than the 50,000,000,000,000 lbs of books.
  4. Oh look, hundreds upon hundreds of Archie comic books! I need them all. (fills boxes with them)
  5. I will never be a pack-rat. (owns a few hundred books, not including the incredibly prolific Archie comics)
  6. I haven't read these books yet, though they've been on my shelf for years. But I plan to read them someday, so I'm keeping them.
  7. But I need books about cute little moggies, despite never owning a cat.
  8. What if I flip through old school journals and such that I've drawn in? Look, here are the doodles of neopets I drew in the margins of my history notes. And these are comics I made in grade school...

No comments:

Post a Comment