-->

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year

It turns out that my friend has never seen the 'Karate Kid' movies. So when she invited me to stay at her house for New Year's Eve, I had to bring the trilogy. I inhaled candy, stroked a mixed breed dog named Emma, and chatted with my friend and her mom while we watched the the three movies.
She didn't have cable, so we didn't get to see the New Year's show on TV. I jokingly picked up one of Emma's toys, dropped it, then said, "There, now we've seen the ball drop." And besides, watching movies seems like a pretty good way to enter the new year.
We went to bed sometime after midnight. Then we sat there and chatted for a while before actually turning the light off. Then we talked some more before actually going to sleep. Just because it's called a sleepover doesn't mean that everyone is willing to go to sleep within the century.
I ate a taco for breakfast... well, it started out as a taco, but eventually decided to fall apart. I was left trying to eat pieces of tortilla, ground beef, and salsa that wanted to fall onto the plate instead. I later supplemented this breakfast with chocolate, then salsa and chips. I believe in a balanced diet composed of these food groups: sugar, chocolate, candy, salt, and milkshakes. Oh, and more chocolate. And did I mention candy, and sugar, and more sugar, and more candy...
I happened to make a comment the night before about the movie 'Willow' when I saw it in their movie collection. I said that I'd played the game (NES... my precious...), but had never seen the movie that the video game was based upon. My friend then tried to pull out the DVD, which was near the bottom of a stack that stretched halfway to the Earth's moon. Anyway, we watched 'Willow' after breakfast. I then had my friend watch 'Charlie the Lonesome Cougar', which she enjoyed.
Then we fawned over Emma. I was brushing her short coat, picking up all sorts of loose fur. I pulled some of the fur out of the brush and showed it to her, teasing her about how much she shed. She sniffed the hairs I was holding, then started licking my fingers. My friend and I laughed.
We watched part of a 'Twilight Zone' episode on Netflix before I had to go home. I joked several times about taking Emma home with me and keeping her forever. They wouldn't let me, though. It's almost as though they're kind of fond of her. Then again, my mom wouldn't be thrilled if I brought home a dog anyway, especially considering her allergy to animal dander. Needless to say, when I got home, I put my stuff down and went straight into the shower.
So that's how I spent my New Year's eve and day: eating candy, watching movies, and hanging out with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment