-->

Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Beginning of Completion

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single ARGH!
But, putting aside the hair pulling-out, the process of learning how everything works, and obsessing over every little detail, I think I might be (close) to getting this blog started. I would have been done earlier, but as mentioned, I have to figure out how everything works, plus the fact that just slapping on a premade layout isn't enough. Oh no, I have to take the original layout and then change the color scheme, background, etc.
I somehow found myself picking colors and a background which is wintery and icy. Perhaps I have glaciers running through my veins and just haven't figured it out yet, or perhaps it stems from the fact that where I live, snow occurs once in a hundred thousand blue moons, and I am constantly longing to see the cold white stuff. If I ever end up living somewhere where it snows often, every winter, I will probably transform into a small child who loves making crude art from snow, throwing misshapen snowballs, making snow angels, and becoming a frost-encrusted being that once may have been a human. But really, who would be able to tell under the thick clothing and the yet thicker layer of snow which cover me?

Anyone who happened across this blog probably doesn't want to hear a fifty thousand word description of my obsession with perfecting layouts and being surrounded by snow, although some may have found my description of being a human icicle a bit entertaining. And still others are probably living in a place with insane winters, and laughing at how naive I am about snow.
"Snow, good?" they'll laugh. "Snow is the thing that buries your car, blocks the driveway, makes the roads impossible to drive on, freezes the pipes. Snow is evil. Beware of the snow. It's coming for you. Muahaha..."
Nevertheless, the point is that I played with options, read random help articles, and obsessed over things like font types, and now I'm finally approaching that point where I feel that everything is coming together the way I want. So I celebrate by writing a long post about snow and color schemes. Now, all I have to do is wait for someone to read it.

1 comment:

  1. Someone might have read it sooner if someone might have been told... Not bitter or anything 😡 😆👍🏼

    ReplyDelete