-->

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

7 Songs of My Life

I was tagged on social media by Deborah Kelty a while back to do this, and I thought I'd post it on my blog as well. The title is fairly self-explanatory; choose seven songs that describe me in some way. Originally the post was about posting with 'no explanation', but I wanted to expand upon these more, so here we go.


‘American Pie’ by Don McLean

When I was little, this was one of my favorite songs. Naturally, I had to include it in the list.



‘Hallelujah’ by Tori Kelly

I'm a tad obsessed with this song. Which might be why the Christian playlist I made on YouTube has multiple versions of it.
As a side note, I took choir one year in high school (luckily, there were other voices to drown out my fabulous singing abilities), and this version has the same lyrics that we practiced and performed.



‘O’n i’n Mynd i’ by Gwyneth Glyn

The title translates from Welsh as "I was going to", and pretty much says it all. I plan to get stuff accomplished, and then it doesn't happen.
"Maybe I'll take a walk." Instead, I sit in front of my computer.
"I'll get so much writing done today!" Then I do everything but write.
"The floor is filthy. I should sweep." A week goes by, and the floor is still dirty.
"I should call So-and-so." And then I didn't.



‘I Will Follow’ by Maranatha! Singers

At my previous church, we would sing this hymn occasionally, and I always thought it was so pretty. Did some searching online, and finally found it on YouTube.



‘Shadows’ by Lindsey Stirling

An energetic song with lots of epic violin playing. It's the sort of music that makes you want to dance around the room.



‘Touch the Sky’ by Julie Fowlis

Originally from the soundtrack of the Disney movie 'Brave', this one is here because it's so awesome-sounding. Especially this version. If you don't want to join Merida in exploring the Scottish countryside, running wild and free, after hearing this song, then you're mad.



‘Meteor Shower’ by Owl City

A much-too-short song with a simple message.

"I can finally see
That You're right there beside me
I am not my own
For I have been made new
Please don't let me go
I desperately need You."



No comments:

Post a Comment