-->

Monday, May 2, 2016

Camp NaNo vs. Q

During the month of April, I made it my goal on Camp NaNoWriMo to write 30,000 words. I worked feverishly, sometimes writing three or four thousand words in a day. I was determined to accomplish this enormous goal I had made for myself. Although I admit there were a few days when I could have worked on my stories but didn't, I made a fair amount of progress.
April 30 came. This was my final day to reach my goal. I had 28,748 words written, and was so close to reaching my word count goal. Nothing could stop me now. Absolutely nothing.
When I went into the living room to eat dinner, my mother was commenting on the great episodes of 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' that were on that day. I started watching the shows, of course. The episode ended, and I was thinking to myself, Okay. Now I have to work on my story.
"Hey, I think this is the pilot episode." Mom said. "I haven't seen this in ages. It's a two-part, and it's really good."
Needless to say, I didn't reach my goal of 30k. And it's entirely the fault of BBC America. If they hadn't played all those wonderful episodes, I would have become the Camp NaNoWriMo champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment