-->

Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Have Returned

I've really been neglecting my blog. I originally planned to post something new at least every few days. Yet I went two weeks without posting anything new. I often couldn't think of much to write, or I didn't feel like working on any of the half-finished drafts for future posts, or I didn't feel like writing anything at all. I need to work on overcoming apathy toward doing things.
Interestingly enough, the thing that made me post was getting in an over-critical mood toward myself. This put me in a 'must accomplish things' frame of mind, which eventually led me to posting on my blog.

Moving onto a new subject... I went to youth group last night. One of the girls taught us a card game. The first player puts any twos they have onto the table, the next player puts down threes, the next player puts down fours, etc. However, if the player does not have the cards that are next, they put down a different card and lie about it. If someone thinks the player is lying about what card they put down, they can call the player out on it. If the player did lie, they must take all the cards in the pile. If the player was truthful, the person who falsely called them out must take all of the cards in the pile. The first person to run out of cards wins.
One of my more evil moments was when I had all of the fives. Soon it was time for one of the players to put down a five. I waited, poised to spring into action. The instant he put down the card he claimed was a five, I called him on it.
After a while, I think we got a bit goofy, though. One of the girls announced that from now on, she was going to call out every time someone put down cards, whether she suspected the player of lying or not. That just made us laugh even more, and we became even more hyper. Soon it was taking forever to get through a turn, between everyone calling each other out, the uncontrollable laughing, and people's attitudes toward having to acquire four thousand cards they didn't want.
Needless to say, we had a lot of fun. It was disappointing when we had to end the game and go home. Of course, the way our energy levels were getting, the game might not have lasted much longer anyway. Definitely something to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment